14.6.12

BGM of Your Life


日本語記事は英語の記事の下にあります。



Sorry, it's not about bands from Leeds, but I would like to share this story with you.....



I was reading the latest issue of i-D Magazine at a hairdresser yesterday. When I turned the first page I found a very interesting question: If your life will be made into a film, BGM will be.....


People who got involved in the magazine issue answered this question. I don't remember which songs they cited, someone was Queen and someone was Rihanna?? Sorry I really don't remember. But just when my hairdresser started bleaching my fringe I started thinking about which songs I would use if I make a film of my life.


They picked a song but I couldn't decide only one song because I was thinking my entire life from my childhood to present, or when I die in the future. So at least 4 songs came up to my mind.....


When the film starts, I definitely use Jefferson Airplain's White Rabbit.  This song is not that merry as the beginning of the story, and it's so 60s, but it does represent my childhood and I can't explain the reason why but I just feel, this is it.





Next song will be Rodeo Masscare's Zombies of Life. I use this song for kind of transition of my life, from my past life in Japan to new life in England.  Again, I can't explain but I had this all excitement to live in the UK but also had a little anxiety for the unpredictable future and somehow I feel this song matches how I felt then.







Then I choose this Japanese band called Yurayura Teikoku, 'Rame no Pantaloon', which represent today's me. Not much to do with the lyrics but for me this song expresses that I just enjoy my funny life and don't care what people think about me. I often get lost but I never loose dynamism like their sound.





And finally I want to play Pink Floyd's Us and Them when credits appear on the screen. This is a bit weird but I've already planed what kind of funeral I have, so my film finishes with my funeral and my friends are just talking or laughing when they leave there. So the intro of this song (studio version) is perfect to play as BGM. And to tell the truth I just love this song though.....








Maybe there is no coherence between these 4 songs but they are the best songs to play in my film.  After all, this only tells what kind of music you like but this is very interesting at the same time because you can learn how you think of yourself and how you interpret your life in music.  




So well, which songs would you choose as BGM of your life in a film?? 







Here is Japanese translation of my English post.



リーズのバンド紹介からちょっと脱線しちゃうんですが、ぜひとも共有したいお話があります...


昨日美容院に行ったとき、i-Dというファッション雑誌の最新号を手にしました。1ページ目をめくると、「もしあなたの人生を映画かするとしたら、BGMは...」という面白い質問を見つけました。


雑誌作成の携わったスタッフたちの答えがその下に載っていました。だれだかはクイーンって答えたり、リアーナって答えてたり...実際ほとんど覚えてないんですが。でも、美容師さんがわたしの前髪をブリーチしている間に、自分だったら何の曲を使うか考え始めました。


雑誌ではみんな一曲のみ上げていたけど、私は幼少期から現在、あるいは自分が死ぬときまでの全体の映画にすることを考えて、とりあえず4曲が頭に浮かんできました。



まず映画の始まりは絶対Jefferson AirplainのWhite Rabbitから。 話の始じまりとしては全然陽気な感じじゃないし、おもいっきり60年代って感じなんですが、とにかくこの曲が自分の幼少期を表す曲なんです。うまく説明できないんですが...





次に選ぶのはRodeo MassacreのZombies of Life。この曲は自分の生活する場所が日本からイギリスへと 移った場面に。これも上手く説明できないんですが、イギリスで生活する事が決まって、とにかく楽しみで仕方がない気持ちと、それと同時に未知の生活に対する不安もすこし抱えていて、この曲はそんな自分の気持ちにマッチしているように感じるんです。





そして現在の自分を表すには、ゆらゆら帝国のラメのパンタロン。この歌詞と現在の自分に関係性は特にないんですが、この曲を聞くといつも、ただ今の自分のこの変わった人生を楽しんで、他人が自分をどう思おうと、とにかく自分らしくいよう考えれるんです。しょっちゅう道に迷うことはあるけど、自分にはこの曲みたいに、初期衝動というか、ダイナミズムは失わない強い意志があるって感じています。





最後の最後、エンドロールが流れる時は、Pink FloydのUs and Themをぜひ流したい。これはちょっと変な話なんですが、私は自分のお葬式はどんな風にやるか、すでに計画済みなんです。ということで、私の映画は私のお葬式のシーンで終了。友人たちは葬式会場去り際におしゃべりしたり笑ったり...で、この曲(スタジオバージョン)のイントロは終わり際のBGMに最適だと思うんです。まぁ、ただ単にこの曲が大好きっていうのもあるんですが...






たぶんこの4曲に一貫性はほとんどないんですが、でもこれが自分の人生を映画にしたときに使いたい曲です。結局これは自分はどんな音楽が好きなのかを表すだけかもしれないんですが、でもそれと同時に、自分の人生をどう考えるか、自分の人生をどう音楽で表すのか考えることができて、すごく興味深いですよね。




ということで、あなたなら何の曲をBGMに選びますか??


No comments:

Post a Comment